"Complete in Thee—each want supplied,
And no good thing to me denied;
Since Thou my portion, Lord, wilt be,
I ask no more, complete in Thee!"
I am so thankful that I can be complete in Christ.
By God's grace, I hope to use this blog to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ in pursuing Godliness, Holiness, and Radiant Purity! :D
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Definition of Discipleship
Well, I'm leading this class and calling it a discipleship class, but What is discipleship anyway? Well here are some good definitions I found from Webster's 1828 Dictionary. :)
Disciple, n. [L., to learn.]
1. A learner; a scholar; one who receives or professes to receive instruction from another;
2. A follower; an adherent to the doctrines of another. Hence the constant attendants of Christ were called his disciples; and hence all Christians are called his disciples, as they profess to learn and receive his doctrines and precepts.
1. To teach; to train, or bring up.
2. To make disciples of; to convert to doctrines or principles.
This authority he employed in sending missionaries to disciple all nations.
3. To punish; to discipline. [Not in use.]
Disciple, pp. Taught; trained; brought up; made a disciple.
Discipleship, n. The state of a disciple or follower in doctrines and precepts.